The Dash Cryptocurrency strongly focuses on the payment industry while offering a form of money that is fast, inexpensive, portable and divisible.
- Dash was first known as XCoin (2014) and Dashcoin
- Can be spent online and offline in the same time with a minimal transaction fee
- It is user-friendly and also suitable for scalable payments
- Currently offers instant transactions and private transactions and operates a self-governing and self-funding model that enables the Dash network to pay individuals and businesses for work that adds value to the network
- Dash has its own budgeting and decentralized governance system which makes its first successful decentralized autonomous organization
- See the graph below which shows how Dash’s masternodes network grown since 2014
We can imagine Dash as a digital cash, which can be spent easily and instantly online and at merchants and service providers worldwide. Dash has a revolutionary governance and funding infrastructure over a decentralized framework and uses over 4000 masternodes to verify transactions.
Dash InstantSend fully confirms payments in 1-4 seconds and uses the second-tier masternode network to lock a transaction. This makes Dash perfect for retail adoption and direct payments and we can say that it works like a decentralized digital cash. It also protects personal spending habits and business trade secrets with a system of decentralized mixing called PrivateSend. PrivateSend keeps your transactions private and fungible.
Evolution with is a tiered network design and works to provide efficient financial services along with Decentralized API (DAPI) access and a decentralized file system. It significantly improves the usability of wallets and the blockchain.
- DashDrive –blockchain and encrypted user data storage in masternodes. This allows for a 10,000x growth of the blockchain withoutsacrificing performance.
- DAPI – decentralized API, which allows users to access the network securely.
- DashPay Wallets–decentralized light clients connected via DAPI.
- Social Wallet–a social wallet, which allows contacts lists, grouping of users, shared accounts and multi-user merchant account access.
Nearly Unlimited Transaction Speed–with Dash Evolution the transaction speed is estimated to increase to 10,000 transactions per second.
The Dash cryptocurrency has a few great advantages:
- It has a $2,5 million budget for the monthly development - The 90% of it are split of its block reward, or new coins created every month, evenly between miners and masternode stakeholders, with the remaining 10% up for grabs for whichever projects those masternodes vote to approve. This is the thing which gives the Dash competitive advantage over almost every other coin.
- Dash is more decentralized than other coins - The reason is that Dash has a CEO and Because of the governance system mentioned earlier, investors, rather than remain helpless or attempt to whip up mining farms and try to hire another development team out of their own pocket, can actually vote on the direction of funding and development.
- Dash figured out Bitcoin’s scaling and consensus problem - Two problems are holding over the Bitcoin – scaling and consensus. Dash solved both of them. Dash adopted a voting mechanism and has a perfect roadmap, which shows exactly how to be able to offer cheap and instant transactions at a rate of 4,000 or more per second, how to get to that point and how incentivize the nodes which are necessary to run the network.
- Dash has never broken its privacy feature with a substancial bounty to prove otherwise - Even it could be easy to forget that Dash has airtight optional privacy features. Known before as Darkcoin, Dash came back in 2014 and since this time the PrivateSend has never been broken.
- It „asks“ for a mass adoption - Dash is on its way for a mass adoption. We can see that while oher cryptocurrencies are stucked in an insular world of limited use, Dash is tailor-making a digital currency experience for everyone and when finished, it will use its considerable budget to be spread like a wildfire.
It seems like it’s pretty hard to find a disadvantage about the Dash cryptocurrency, but there are some. We still have to realize that all cryptocurrencies are very young and they could still fail, so can Dash. Here are the most frequented Dash disadvantages:
- Its own current name - Some people can for example hate the name „Dash“, mostly because you cannot find it easy online or in the Google search. Dash are also some totally different products and they can’t be connected with the Dash cryptocurrency at all.
- Dash team - Another weakness can be seen in the core Dash team. Too many failed projects and wasted money plus the fact that the team had spent so much time and resources on relationships with exchanges and other busines
- ses, rather that channeling resources toward actual usage of the currency in the real world.
- Early-stage projects - It could be seen that Dash will have a problems with its early-stage projects in the future. Too many transactions on the Dash blockchain, not enough merchants accepting Dash and only a few people who use Dash Daily. For Dash it seems to be a must to change its long-term „life“ a little bit.
- Dash(coin) = Sh*tcoin? - Dash is sometimes critized and called a „centralized shitcoin“. The reason are projects which failed its developer Evan Duffield. He is an owner of a substantial part od Dash and thanks to this he can agressively reduce its price.
The Dash whitepaper is written in a simple manner but this can suit anyone who never heard or read anything about Dash. Even though it is brief, it is still intensive and includes all the important information. The Dash Whitepaper is an average document with a lot of „need to know“ information and key words which help you understand.
It is split into 6 chapters, while the longest is devoted to what the masternode is about and how it works. The full Dash whitepaper is available here.
There are many technical analysis for Dash, changing and explaining everything what is happening with Dash right now. You can find them online here.
Dash has a strong market penetration. Here are the reasons why:
- The fees are low
- The speed of operation is really fast, when we compare it with other coins
- More private for use, protects user privacy
- More able to bring you a possibility to see where from the payment came, because transactions are split for smaller pieces and send them all over.
So far, there are no official sources about investors or funding on the Dash official webpage.
Dash is able to finance itself, which means it doesn’t need to be dependant on external investments, honorary support or speculation. Dash DAO is the Decentralized Autonomous Organization, where:
- 45% represent miners,
- 45% presents masternodes,
- 10% presents budget.
The miners verify the block and maintain the blockchain. Mastenodes secure the blockchain and facilitate certain functions, where everyone can run a masternode after paying a collateral 1000 DASH. Budget is used to pay staff, and project (development, marketing or distribution).
Since 2014, Dash has had a huge potential lately and is expected to maintain this manner in the future. This peer-to-peer cryptocurrency offers much more than its predecessor Bitcoin. Every cryptocurrency has its own advantages and disadvantages, so does Dash, but we can still talk about it as one of the best cryptocurrencies now and also in the future. Private and fast transactions, own Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) and the ability to finance itself, that’s Dash.
The Dash official roadmap is informative, same as the Whitepaper. It offers you to find all the information needed to understand how Dash works, thanks to what you should think that Dash is amazing, what new features, which cannot be found in other cryptocurrencies, are part of Dash. The full roadmap is available here.
How to get crypto